When deciding on managing your print environment, do you know the best questions to ask?
Since Laser Line has been Maryland’s number one print management service provider for over 30 years, we’ve learned a lot about our clients’ needs. Over time, we compiled a list of questions you can ask yourself about your needs regarding your print environment and how to keep your machines in top shape.
Choosing the best way to manage your office print environment is knowing the right questions to ask. If you don’t know the answers, we can help. When you work with one of our experienced and fantastic sales consultants, we can go over this list together to determine your best course of action.
Whether you need end-to-end print management, new equipment, or a convenient way to order supplies, Laser Line is here to help. Call us for a free consultation. You can even ask us questions specific to your company’s needs. We want to make your life easier so you can focus on your core business and your IT people aren’t bogged down with printer issues.
Below are the top 7 questions we found that will best determine the type of print management your organization needs.
- What is your current preventative maintenance program? In other words, what steps do you have in place to keep your machines up and running and prevent them from breaking down when you need them the most? Do you or your IT department have time to clean and test your machines every time you change a toner cartridge?
- What do you do when your printers need service? Who do you call when your printers break? Do you put in a service call to your IT department? Do you call the manufacturer? Do you know if your machine is under warranty or if you can still get parts to fix it?
- What are your current criteria for purchasing supplies and new printers? Are you ordering toner online or from a big box store? Do you know where that toner is coming from? Is your toner certified OEM or from a reliable recycled source?
- Do you back bill cost centers for printer expenses? Do you have a system in place to track and monitor toner purchasing through each department of your company?
- How many print-related invoices do you generate monthly? This one is self-explanatory.
- How do you handle copying and scanning equipment purchases and management? Are you getting the highest quality equipment that comes with an experienced company representative that can assist you with making the right choice for your workflow?
- What is your current plan for color printing? If you print color, are you getting the most bang for your buck? Are you able to monitor who prints color documents within your organization and how much?